Winning MCBI contests are not meant to be the goal of those listening. We do contests to heighten interest in spiritual concerns and to share Christian resources with our audience. We hope to run contests in light of this scriptural passage.
1 TIMOTHY 6:17-19
17 Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. 18 Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, 19 storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.
THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS BROADCAST ON MCBI. EACH CONTEST MAY HAVE ITS OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES.
1. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 60-day period.
2. Winners may be required to sign a release, and all winners agree to allow MCBI to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to MCBI may be taped and may be aired on MCBI without further approval.
3. MCBI is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of MCBI will be final.
4. Employees and agents of MCBI and their families or representatives are ineligible to enter contests on MCBI.
5. Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
6. MCBI is not responsible for any delays in receipt of prizes caused by the mail system.
7. Prizes are non-transferable, except for concert tickets which are placed at will-call. Prizes have no cash value, expressed or implied.
8. MCBI reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
9. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who over the course of the calendar year has won prizes with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. MCBI may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. MCBI will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
11. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of MCBI will be final.
12. MCBI, its agency, and representatives shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any MCBI contest or prize awarded in a contest.
13. All contest entries become the property of MCBI. MCBI may withhold any or all contest entry materials, for any reason, station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
14. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
These rules are subject to change without notice.